Organiser's Guide - a handy guide to preparing for your Book Fair
Book Fair Organiser’s Guide
Everything you need to prepare for your Book Fair, including handy hints and tips for promoting your Fair, bookcase set-up tutorials and more!
Before your Book Fair
Promoting your Book Fair
Delivery of your Book Fair
Your Fair will be delivered and collected within school hours on the agreed upon date.
On the Day
Payment at the Book Fair
Alternative ways to pay at your Book Fair include:
- Book Fair Gift Vouchers – a great alternative to cash or card payments at your Book Fair. Simply buy online and ask parents to take the printout to your Book Fair. Find out more
- ParentPay – if your school has ParentPay set up, you are welcome to ask parents to pre-pay for books to your school’s own account.
- Debit/credit card – this is only available if a chip and pin machine is provided for your school. The payments come directly through to Travelling Books.
- National Book Tokens – these can be spent at your Book Fair but no change can be given. Speak to your Book Fair Co-ordinator for terms and conditions.
World Book Day tokens – we accept these only at certain times of the year. Speak to your Book Fair Co-ordinator for terms and conditions.
Sharing your Fair
We love hearing about the excitement that a Book Fair creates, so show us (and everyone) the best moments from your Book Fair by sharing it on social media! It could be book reviews, photos of your Book Fair in full flow or celebratory snaps of the new books and resources that you’ve bought using your Rewards.
Pack Up and Pay
Your end-of-Book-Fair checklist
- Place all customer orders
- Complete your Fair Record Sheet online (see more info below)
- Choose books from the cases with your earned Rewards
- Pack up the bookcases including any unsold books and boxes
- Make payment within 10 days
- Thank your helpers and let everyone know how many free books they helped to earn
- Call us to arrange your next Book Fair and keep that reading excitement going
Online Fair Record Sheet
It’s now quicker and easier to pay for your Book Fair and claim your Rewards online – and all of the calculations are done for you!
- Log in to your account or create a new one (You’ll need a recent email with your Fair ID number on from us to do this)
- Head over to the Your Fairs section and click ‘Complete Fair Record Sheet’ for the Fair you’d like to pay for
- Follow the instructions and contact us with any questions.
Rewards terms and conditions apply